Designed for operation in special conditions and for use in rough terrain, the Type VB suspension can be configured to your special requirements.
Select from over 40 different axle types in single and multi-axle assembly configurations, with different wheel spreads, as well as single or twin tires. A heavy duty version is also available.
Features and Benefits
Benefits for the Trailer Manufacturer
· Easy attachment to the chassis and simple transversal and longitudinal bracing due to the practical and solid design of the mounting brackets
· Use of high-strength, weldable mounting bracket material permits a homogeneous weld without the need for special welding instructions
· Maintenance-free, adjustable longitudinal torque arms supported by rubber/metal bushings (1 x per axle) permit simple, precise track adjustment. This possibility simplifies the attachment of the suspension to the chassis and has a positive influence on the service life of the tires
· Available with suspension system loads from 9 to 48 tonnes in single, tandem or tridem axle configuration (higher loads on request)
Benefits for the End-User
· Higher payloads due to the use of weight-optimized, sturdy components
· Good maneuverability of the tractor/trailer combination thanks to short wheel bases (1,360 mm).
· Long service life of the equalizers due to the support by brass bushings
· Efficient axle load distribution by high compensation travel. This also means a uniform braking force distribution, and consequently a uniform brake lining wear, higher vehicle stability and safer riding Performance
· Longer service life of the springs and mounting brackets through the use of low-wear, exchangeable spring sliding plates
This suspension will be manufactured according to your requirements. Please consult SAF-HOLLAND to determine the model that is optimal for you. Vehicle manufacturers please contact our sales managers – transport companies please contact our fleet sales consultants.